Alright, we now know that Sarah Palin can effectively use a teleprompter and deliver someone else’s speech. She executed someone else’s plan very well. Congratulations, Sarah!
By the way–this is exactly what the Republicans did with George Bush. If you look at some of Dubya’s speech work his first year, he looked like a deer in the headlights. It was as though they pushed him out from behind the curtain saying, “Your job is to go deliver this message. Get out there and do it!” It reminds me of the hilarious movie “Moon Over Parador.”
The laugh and applause lines seemed overly scripted. The Republicans are illusionists–they let you see what they want you to see.
Let’s not forget that a speech doesn’t overcome her record:
- She has asked that books she doesn’t agree with be banned in a public library
- She is under investigation for abuse of power in Alaska–she has an established track record of undermining people who don’t support her
- She doesn’t encourage debate on issues–it’s her way or the highway
- Her record of “reform” isn’t what it seems to be–she has flip-flopped on pork barrel projects
- She is against abortion even in cases of rape or incest
She’s not qualified for this job that she wants the American public to hire her for.
As a guy on MSNBC just said, the speech has a surreal quality–it was like “Live from New York–It’s Saturday Night Live!”
What do you think? Democrat Dave